There are many benefits of membership in the Arlington Chamber of Commerce; several of which you receive for just paying your membership investment dues each year. But you can easily maximize your return on your investment by taking a few extra steps.
1. Attend Chamber functions such as our Monthly Luncheons, Ribbon Cuttings, and Business After Hours so that you can network and keep up to date on the latest news and tips for businesses. Always bring your business cards.
2. Take advantage of free and inexpensive advertising opportunities in Chamber publications.
3. Deepen your investment in the Chamber by taking advantage of sponsorship opportunities for our monthly luncheons and special events, including the Leadership 38002, Arlington 5K, Arlington BBQ FallFest, and A Taste of Arlington.
4. Make sure that the Chamber staff knows the entire scope of your business and that your directory listing(s) include all of your offerings.
5. If you change your business—name new key staff, add a product line or service, increase your market, tell us so that we can help you promote your achievement.
6. “Like” us on facebook, and we will “like” you back to increase your SEO and keep on top of the latest Chamber news.
7. Let us know how we’re doing—contact Chamber Board members, Ambassadors, or staff with feedback on programs, business needs, etc.
Sponsoring a monthly Chamber luncheon is a great marketing opportunity for your business. Sponsorships are available to Chamber members and non-members for $150 and $500, respectively. Sponsorships will not be considered confirmed until payment has been received. Only ONE Sponsorship is available each month.
The Sponsoring Business will receive:
- Advance Promotion: The Chamber will include the name and/or logo of the sponsor on all electronic and print materials advertising the luncheon, including link(s) to the sponsors website and/or Facebook page when appropriate. A minimum of three e-mails specifically advertising the luncheon will be sent to the Chamber distribution list and the event will be posted on the Chamber website and Facebook page.
- Recognition at the Luncheon:
- In addition to the luncheon keynote speaker, the sponsor will have exclusive opportunity to place materials on the tables at the luncheon or have materials for general distribution. This includes bringing larger signage for display.
- The sponsor will be recognized by the Chamber and given 3-4 minutes to speak before the keynote speaker.
- The sponsor will receive two free lunches for the month of the sponsorship.
The Sponsoring business is responsible for submitting a high-resolution logo to the Chamber for use in publicity materials.
To check availability or schedule your Luncheon Sponsorship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901-867-0545.
Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings
One of the services offered to Chamber members is assistance with coordinating Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings. These activities are designed to draw attention to your business and offer you and other attendees a networking opportunity.
Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings are FREE for Chamber members and are exclusively for Chamber members.
In certain circumstances, a Ribbon Cutting can be held to celebrate the launch of a new product line, business expansion, or other significant business activity.
We recommend that these events are scheduled at least three weeks in advance in order to maximize your exposure and attendance. We have found that midday (11:30 or noon) is the preferred time for our members to attend; late afternoon (after 4:00) time are also possible. Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings are scheduled through the Chamber office: 901-867-0545 or email email@example.com.
The Participating Business is Responsible for:
- Refreshments: these may be as simple or as grand as you would like. If your Ribbon Cutting is held during the lunch hour, a light lunch is highly recommended. The Chamber office can provide you with a list of restaurants and caterers that are members of the Chamber. While your selection is not limited to these options, we ask that you at least consider them.
- Business Information: Please supply the Chamber with your company name, a brief history, and names and titles of principal officers/employees. We also request that a logo in jpg format is submitted to the Chamber as soon as possible.
- Giveaways: Attendees love to pick up brochures, pens, coasters, etc.
The Chamber Will:
- Contact local newspapers/photographers
- Invite Arlington’s Mayor & Town Officials: Only if the business is located in Arlington.
- Have representatives present: Board Members, Officers, Chamber Ambassadors
- Provide ribbon and scissors
- Promote Event to Chamber members and community: Chamber will send e-mails advertising your Ribbon Cutting or Grand Opening to our mailing list and display the information on our website, Facebook page, and Twitter account.