COVID-19 Resources and Updates
These resources are listed for your convenience. This list may not be exhaustive and the Chamber will work to update it continuously.
Shelby County Back to Business Plan
COVID-19 GIS Data Tracking Map (Select geographic area and click data requested, then click on map for data window with stats)
Federal, TN State & Shelby County Resources:
SBA Loan Application, Training Info, and Help Resource:
SBA Paycheck Protection Plan – explanation of program
The SBA has approved Tennessee’s request for Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance. Small businesses can now apply for loans up to $2 million to help meet financial obligations and operating expenses.
Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at www.sba.gov/disaster. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email email@example.com for more information on SBA disaster assistance.
IMPORTANT – SBA PowerPoint on the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, click here for full instructions for applying for this loan. Also, if you need FREE assistance to complete the application:
- Visit www.tsbdc.org
- Select “Request Free Advising”
- Select “Local Advising” and Choose Your County
- Complete the Requested Information (it’s a SBA Form 641 for confidential counseling)
- A business counselor will contact the firm within 48 hours to set an appointment or start the process over the phone and/or via online video conferencing
Key information will be required:
- Business information
- Contact information and social security numbers for all applicants
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) for business applicants
- Insurance information
- Financial information (e.g. income, account balances and monthly expenses) – Know the total amounts and payments due for debts that will be paid over the next 10 months or longer (i.e. mortgages, student loans, credit cards, etc.)
- Use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to apply.
- The ‘Help Button’ provides useful information for each page.
- Use the ‘Save Button’ frequently.
- Be patient and keep trying if you experience slow load times.
- Have your monthly expenses and financial projections ready (your local SBDC can help with this)
SBA Loan Documents:
Information from the US Treasury Dept and IRS:
Notice 2020-17 (PDF), Relief for Taxpayers Affected by Ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic